Friday, May 20, 2011
7 More Random Facts About Yours Truly
Laura from I'm So Vintage was kind enough to pass on a blog award to me! Laura also has a great vintage shop you should check out.
So, here are seven more random facts about me:
1. I was a ballet dancer growing up, and I still get weak in the knees at the sight of tulle and satin. Now when I see a performance, my feet don't miss it at all, but my heart aches a bit.
2. I have problems with my feet (see number 1), so I hardly ever wear high heels.
3. I love movies: good, bad, and everything in between. I often watch foreign films and classic films, but I also love dumb comedies, quirky indie flicks, and the occasional guilty pleasure (like Dirty Dancing - notice a theme here?). If I started listing my favorites now, I'd probably still be typing next week, but I will try to do a post at some point with a list.
4. I'm scared of sharks, but also very fascinated by them…this reminds me of another post I want to do soon (I'll let it be a surprise).
5. Strangers often stop me on the street to ask directions. It happens every week, and in all the cities I've lived in (including London). I have no idea why. Perhaps I look like I have a good sense of direction. Or maybe I just have a friendly face?
6. I traveled quite a bit when I was younger, all over England, France, Italy, and Spain. I'm so thankful that I made it a priority then because it is true that it becomes harder when you get older and have more responsibilities and less time. Someday, I would still like to see Stockholm, Prague, Vienna, Copenhagen, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Berlin, St. Petersburg, and Tokyo. Any recommendations I should add to my list?
7. I think surprise packages in the mail are just about the best thing ever, especially when they contain funny things, or lovely things, or a handwritten note from a friend you haven't seen in ages.
Again, I'm going to be a horrible cheat and not tag 15 other bloggers. Please don't hold it against me:) Have a fantastic weekend everybody!
Labels: all about me