Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Keeping Time

Whimsical wall clocks get a bit of a bad rap in the design world, like that Felix the Cat clock that became a b-movie cliché in the 1980s. But there are lots of cute and colorful wall clocks out there, and personally, I think it softens the blow of finding out you're already 10 minutes late when the timekeeper makes you smile. Here are a few great examples I wouldn't mind keeping me on schedule.


Clockwise (of course) from top left: Modern baby owl clock from Decoylab; Polaroid clock - Flying Free from jerseymaids; Cupcakes coloring clock from UncommonGoods; and Blocks clock from Chiasso.

I realize that 3 of these clocks don't have numbers, which probably says something about my dislike of rigid schedules. But they'd look great on the wall anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the Blocks Clock. But I need numbers to be able to tell what time it is. In fact, digital usually is best for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the owl clock! I actually got a lime green clock recently, for $3 at Target. I loved it because of the color and the old school look. However, I couldn't handle the ticking sound, so I took the battery out. But I left it hanging up because it's pretty. Which I think makes me weird.

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete