Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm a candle flame that sways in currents of air you can't see. You need to be the one who steadies me to burn.

While browsing flickr late last night, I came across this photostream full of fantastic travel photos. But I was particularly struck by these images of South Africa. I went to sleep dreaming of safaris and mist-covered mountains and neon houses and the vast ocean between us.

South Africa. Safari

South Africa. Cape Peninsula, Atlantic coast

South Africa. Over Northeastern Lands

South Africa. Cape Town

South Africa. Cape Peninsula, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden

South Africa. Cape Town Vicinity

South Africa. Cape Town, Bo-Kaar Quarter

South Africa. Cape Town

(click on photos to go directly to source)

*Post title from The House Gun by South African novelist Nadine Gordimer.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos!
    I recieved my winning accessories yesterday, and I LOVE them! Wow. So cute. Your felts are amazing. Thanks again for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos! I wish more buildings were neon colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! The colors were amazing. That red on the house roofs (sp?) and adobe walls is burned into my brain in a great way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunnnnning! I love coming about new flickr streams that instantly inspire and amaze me. Really beautiful.

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. The African colors make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Mary! I especially love the houses in vibrant colors, makes me wonder about the people who live in them - must be my kind of people - colorholics:):)

    ReplyDelete