Monday, February 13, 2012

Charley Harper

Charles Harper illustration
From a 1960's biology book
Charles Harper illustration
From a 1960's biology book
From a 1960's biology book
Charles Harper illustration
From a 1960's biology book
Charles Harper illustration

All of these images come from a 1961 biology book illustrated by one of my favorite artists, Charley Harper. I wish text books had looked like this when I was in school; I might have been more interested in science class. Actually, who am I kidding? I would've just stared at the illustrations and doodled in my notebook. :)

(Click on images to go directly to sources.)

10 comments:

  1. You always find the best vintage art. As usual, adding a bunch of these to Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie Harper is one of my favorite illustrators. His work could not be more cool. Thank you so much for sharing - there are a few here that I have never seen - what a treat!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! These are amazing! I especially love the gibbon, expert swinger, poor runner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing illustrations! I love the blue jay and squirrel fighting for the food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how beautiful. The Galapagos finches are immense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! I love the turtle and the frog. None of my school textbooks were ever this cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are AMAZING! I love the one with the finches. You always have the coolest finds from the most random places. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what great illustrations, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely awesome. Thank you for introducing me to it! <3

    ReplyDelete