Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring Cleaning...Or Not

Some spring cleaning probably needs to happen around here, though I'm not necessarily nominating myself to do it. We have stacks of mail on the coffee table, piles of laundry in the bedroom, and...this might shock you...boxes still unpacked from our move last July. It's definitely not ideal to let clutter accumulate in a small living space, but on a scale of one to Hoarders, I guess we're not that bad.

I checked this book by Mary Randolph Carter out of the library based on the title alone, which I think is brilliant. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, maybe recommendations on how to artfully display collections, or tips for keeping clutter under control (while not being Type A about it), but this book really doesn't offer much in the way of practical advice. It does, however, have lots of full-page photographs. So, if you're like me, and you enjoy peeking into other people's homes, and interesting homes at that, it's definitely worth a browse. It is not, however, a design book. In fact, some of the photos made the designer in me cringe, but the part of me that's fascinated by social history loved it.


I hope everyone has a fun, if slightly messy, weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great book. I love peeking into people's homes and lives. My husband thinks I'm strange and wonders why I care about it, but I do!

    ReplyDelete