Friday, April 27, 2012

Fashion and Distraction

Today, I'm at home, still not feeling well, aaaaaaand I broke my toe on Wednesday. It's amazing how something so small can hurt so much! There's not much you can do for a broken toe other than stay off your feet, which is inconvenient when you don't own a car and walk everywhere. Doh! I'm hoping it feels better by Sunday, though, because I have places to be.

Anyhoo, instead of feeling sorry for myself, I'm playing imaginary clothing dilemma, as in I have this dreamy invite and absolutely nothing to wear!! I'll call this one...lunch date in Paris with someone very rich who wants to become my patron and sponsor all of my artistic endeavors. By the way, do those people still exist? Probably not. But this is entertaining me and distracting me from how much my foot hurts so I'll say, yes, they do exist. And they want to help all of us make lots of money doing whatever it is we do. :)

1. Asos pintuck blouse; 2. Ray-Bans new wayfarer; 3. Marc Jacobs single quilted shoulder bag; 4. Kate Spade Tabitha flats; 5. Kate Spade carousel bangle watch; 6. Vionnet color-block skirt.

Also, this video for the Orla Kiely Spring/Summer 2012 collection is so great. I love that they did something different this time, but it still feels very Orla. And it goes without saying that I love all the clothes.



Hope everyone has a great weekend! xo, Mary

8 comments:

  1. It's a fun distraction to have. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I'm so sorry you broke your toe! That sounds miserable.
    I do however love that colorblock skirt! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your toe feels better. I do like your clothing choices. As long as we have our computers, we can usually entertain ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your toe! I hope that it heals up very soon! Also, I love the outfit you created above, especially that pretty watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your toe! But yes, fashion dilemma is a great way to pass the time. I think you'd definitely get their support in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have broken my toe before and it's awful! I hope you're able to walk by now. :( The Orla video is amazing. She's one of my favorite designers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, poor you! Glad you've managed to cheer yourself up a bit though with such a gorgeous outfit (even if it is imaginary!) - love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fashion storyboards and like that yours is about solving an imaginary fashion dilemma. : ) Cute!

    If you want - I host a link-up every Thursday on my blog for fashion storyboards. The post stays open for a week so there's plenty of time to link up. I think it's a great way to show folks how to incorporate handmade into their regular wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete