Thursday, May 31, 2012
It's been a long time since I did one of those random facts posts, so here you go:
1. I rarely chew gum or drink soda, though there was a time when I drank soda like water (in middle school and high school).
2. Coffee is my vice of choice these days, but I actually don't drink that much.
3. My biggest pet peeve is probably people who are rude to servers in restaurants, or any other customer service people...those jobs suck and don't pay well and it's amazing the crap they have to put up with on any given day.
4. Sometimes when I'm working on something, I get so engrossed that I have to remind myself to stop and eat and go to the bathroom.
5. I come from a long line of thrifty people. I almost never buy anything on impulse, and it's actually hard for me to spend money. I think it's wired into my DNA, but that's a good thing because I've never had very much money to spend.
6. Having said that, I'm not cheap when it comes to the things I love. If there's a special piece of art, a unique piece of jewelry, or anything else handmade that speaks to me, I have no problem saving up and paying what some might consider a lot of money for it.
7. My dad and I are the only ones in my family who can drive a stick-shift. I drove one for years. But now it's been so long I'd probably be a little rusty.
8. I can't whistle or curl my tongue.
9. For much of my life I've been a "thinker" more than a "doer." I'm trying to change that because life is short.
10. I don't love places that are very loud or very crowded. It's ironic then, I guess, that I live in the city where too many people are everywhere. But nothing beats walking down city streets.
Anyone else want to play? What are some random facts about you?