Saturday, July 14, 2012

Scenes from Life


We spent a lazy day in Old Town recently. Actually, I had a whole list of places and shops I wanted to visit, but it was hot as blazes. And so we abandoned my list about halfway down in favor of ice cream, sitting by the water, and milling around inside Torpedo Factory Art Center. An impromptu dance party broke out at a photography show opening while we were there, and it was hilarious. Too bad I didn't get photos of that. I found a couple of artists I really liked, but I'll save that for another post.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. xo, Mary

11 comments:

  1. wonderful pictures mary. i think you guys made the right choices. same heat here the humidity is crazy. about to jump in the pool again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Scenes from Life posts!
    I also really like those squares held together by zip ties. I need to keep that in mind for a window display!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your pictures look great! Where's Old Town? Is that near DC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's Old Town, Alexandria. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images! I love ducks, we have ducks in our pond :)
    The seafoam coloured house with the stars on the side is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers :) And what gorgeous views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! I especially like the blue building. That is my favorite color. I am a photography student and I need to make a habit to take my camera along with me more to catch snippets of my life like that... too bad most of my week is spent at work. Good excuse to get out more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DC is such a beautiful city. I've only been there twice, but I would LOVE to go again. Mind if I stick a couple of these onto Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love walking around old downtowns...never know what you'll see. great pics.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
  10. these photos are lovely<3 love the one with the duck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the muted tones in most of the photos and the screaming yellow!

    ReplyDelete