Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Untitled

I hope all my American friends have an awesome day of laughter, loved ones, and full bellies. Should we all go around and say what we're thankful for? ;)

I'm thankful that my parents are visiting right now, that they are healthy enough to make the trip. And even though these first few months of home ownership have been a bit more than we bargained for, I'm incredibly grateful to have a place to call home when so many others don't. I'm thankful for really great friends who offered up the keys to their house so that my parents could stay there (even though my friends are out of town). Seriously, who does that? (If you're wondering why my parents aren't staying with us, there's the problem of us still not having any furniture.) And I'm thankful that even though we might be eating random food in someone else's kitchen, it will still be Thanksgiving...it will still be spending time with loved ones and watching parades and being full of gratitude, or pie. One or the other.

xo, Mary

(Click on image to go directly to source.)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Mary!
    I'm thankful that my parents live closer now so we can spend Thanksgiving with them :)
    Enjoy the time with your parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary! As usual, that was very well written. I love how your words flow in your entries. Enjoy the furniture-less home; soon it will be adorned and you may never again know your home as you know it now. I am glad you've such good friends to count on. Life is merrier with great friends, and family. Do enjoy the pie, the company, and the blessings. Happy Thanksgiving once again.

    Best,
    jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, this is so sweet. it's so important to remember the things that you are thankful for. it was really nice reading this. it's good to have friends that help out, isn't it? :)
    happy thanksgiving, dear. enjoy the weekend!

    xox, amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I'm sure it was nice to spend the day with family! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete