Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last Days of 2014

The past few days have been spent with a little work, a lot of Netflix, a trip to The Phillips Collection, and a bit of shopping after-Christmas sales. We've also been out walking a couple of times so that I could practice more with my new lens. I'm happy to report that it seems to be getting along with my camera much better. We went out on purpose late in the day so that I could try it out in more challenging light situations (i.e., nighttime, backlit, etc.), and I think it performed well. My photos aren't perfect, and probably won't ever be, but I'm pretty happy with how it's working out so far.


That's a lot of photos for one post, I know. I meant to split them up in a couple of posts, but seeing how it's the last day of the year, that just seems silly. I do have some photos from last summer that I have yet to share...maybe they'll brighten up some dull day in January...but other than that, I'm starting 2015 with a clean slate. I don't know if I'll do an official goals post or anything like that, but I do mean to let go of unfinished projects, of things that could've or should've been, and re-prioritize my time and energy to the things that matter and to new projects I'm excited about.

I wish everyone a peaceful and happy New Year! xo, Mary

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! :-) I had to giggle when you said "challenging light situations" because your pictures always look great. I like the mirror selfie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I haven't really committed myself to any set goals, either. I haven't written any down, and I certainly haven't done a goals post, either. (Though one of my goals is to get back into blogging more.) Anyway, I really enjoyed these photos and enjoying "going" on the walk with you. Everything looked so festive and so pretty! It looks like Union Street was the place to enjoy such things. Going out--and still seeing the decorations up--really sort of lets the holiday keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you always manage to have such gorgeous photos? Ahh!! Looking at your blog makes me smile! :)

    <3 Kelsea | Kels Shark

    ReplyDelete