Friday, August 5, 2016

Project 365 - Week 8

This week was really busy, and I didn't have a lot of time during daylight hours to photograph anything, so most of these photos were taken either early in the morning or late in the evening. That's not necessarily a bad thing, especially if you don't mind photos of my breakfast. :)


Day 50 - Waffles are probably my favorite go-to breakfast food when I'm in a rush. (Side note: has anyone watched Stranger Things? No spoilers...but that scene when Eleven walks out of the supermarket carrying all those boxes of waffles, I was like SAME...though to be accurate I would be carrying TJ's waffles, and it would be a miracle if there were even that many boxes left in the case as our store is always a war zone, but I'm getting off-topic. Anyway, watch Stranger Things if you haven't already.)

Day 51 - Making my to-do list on my "DO or DIE" notepad. Isn't it cute? (It's by Rifle Paper, if anyone's curious...I have way too many of their products.)

Day 52 - In the evening, we stopped by the rose garden for a little while. I like to come here because it reminds me of my grandparents, who grew beautiful roses in their garden. After they passed away and the house was sold, my dad made rose cuttings for each of us and has been nursing them at his house until the time comes when we can transplant them. I hope one day, when we're more settled, to transplant my roses from Nana and have a garden that does them justice. :)

Day 53 - Watching the sun sink and fade from my cozy spot on the couch.

Day 54 - We spontaneously decided to drive out to the nearest Krispy Kreme for late night doughnuts, and it was the best decision ever.

Day 55 - My friend Marieken emailed me one day to let me know she saw one of my pink hedgehog brooches in an old issue of Flow Magazine. I was like "No way! I love Flow!" Marieken was kind enough to email me a scan the next day and then mailed the actual page too! (And I learned a Dutch word; egeltjes means "hedgehogs.") :)

Day 56 - Marieken also sent a bunch of beautiful prints and papers as well as a tiny notebook she made! Peter was laughing at me as I went through each thing in the package because I think I was squealing and saying "Oh my God!" a lot. I love everything she sent so much that I had to photograph it all the next day. And she also sent some recipes for quiche that I can't wait to try out as well. So needless to say, I'm working on a "thank you" package to send to her that I hope will be half as awesome. :)

Happy weekend, guys! As soon as I hit publish, I'm heading to the kitchen to bake some cookies and then finish a movie Peter and I started earlier. He's been very patient waiting for me to finish this post, and by patient, I mean napping. Perfect Friday night if you ask me. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. It's such a good thing we don't have a Krispy Kreme (I believe they are often mentioned in the Janet Evanovich books I'm addicted to) over here! And I don't think you can buy Rifle Paper products in the Netherlands. Most of my money would be spend on doughnuts and pretty paper goodies in that case!
    I've seen the stranger things trailer, and it looked very promising. After finishing Gilmore Girls I'll probably start watching!
    Happy you liked the package :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you'll get to have your nana's roses at your house one day!
    And congrats on being featured in Flow Magazine! Your package from Marieken is great...so colorful!

    ReplyDelete