Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snowflakes

Last night I made some snowflakes while we were hanging out on the couch watching a movie. There are lots of ways to sketch and plan out your design, but I prefer the little kid method of making random cuts and then unfolding to see what you get. It's more fun that way because you get to be surprised, and each one is unique.

I used a bit of double-stick tape on each point of the snowflakes to stick them to the window. It helps if you put them in a heavy book for a little while to flatten them out somewhat before taping them up.  I took some photos this morning as the sun was rising so that I could show how they look different as the light changes.












Everyone has made snowflakes before, but in case you need to refresh your memory on how it's done, I found a really great tutorial here. If you haven't made them since you were six, you should try it again. It's really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment