Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Here I Come!

It's a new year and a fresh start, the perfect time to think about what you'd like to change about your life and what you'd like to accomplish. I'm not one to make strict resolutions, but I am a compulsive list maker at heart, and I just can't resist the opportunity. So here's my list for 2011:

1. I'd like to draw more, paint more, make more period. In the past, I've definitely let my day job, school, and other obligations get in the way of creating things, and I'm determined not to repeat this pattern in 2011. Perhaps I'll do a create-a-thing-a-day for one month project, as many others have done and blog about it here to hold myself accountable.

2. Along the same theme, I'd like to expand my Etsy shop with more items, maybe add some artwork. I'd also like to promote my shop more on other sites.

3. I want to keep making this blog better, creating thoughtful posts and sharing more of my own work. On a related note, I'm looking at new cameras so that I can take better photos for this blog as well as my shop.

4. I'm going to try to spend more time with friends and family. Most of my oldest friends and all of my family live in other cities, and it's too easy to find excuses not to travel to see them (lack of money, time, etc.). I also can be a bit of a hermit and neglect my friends who live five minutes away...a bad habit.

5. My last goal is to take better care of myself in general. I tend to be my own worst critic, in every aspect of life, and it can really be paralyzing for a creative person. I need to be a little easier on myself.

So that's it. I'm keeping it simple this year. I think 2011 is going to be really good. I'm wishing you all lots of joy, peace, and prosperity! 

3 comments:

  1. great list! and i think your shop photos look really good already!

    cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also excited for the new year! I love the feeling of a fresh start :) Here's to hoping for an awesome 2011!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog and I'd like to say I like reading about your goals for this year....it inspires me to write down mine too.

    Cheers and a Happy New Year!
    Rambles with Reese

    ReplyDelete