Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Friday


What are you guys up to this weekend? There's a new exhibit of Frida Kahlo's personal photographs in Arlington that apparently has never been shown in the U.S. before, and I'm really excited to see it. Her life is no less fascinating than her work, and really, one can't properly be understood without the other. (The above photograph/quote isn't part of the exhibit, but it's number 1,001 why I love her; I found it here.)

We also have plans to check out another museum (which to be honest, I'm less excited about because it's not art related, even though I've heard fantastic things about it) because I have a groupon that's about to expire (story of my life almost letting those things go to waste). And I really really want to get out and take some photos! Taking photos inside my apartment has become depressing. Actually, everything in my apartment has become depressing, but more on that another time.

I hope you guys have a creative and fun weekend! xo, Mary

2 comments:

  1. The Frida exhibit sounds amazing!!! My house (which is basically a large apt that we rent) has become so depressing too. I'm trying to stay out of it as much as possible this weekend. :). Have fun at the museums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I wish I could read your whole post but I can't. Suffering greatly. My eyes... I cannot concentrate on short distance and am dizzy. Have been in the past few days. Anyway, Frida Kahlo deserves a lot of time... just to be studied. I am loving your art posts!

    ReplyDelete