Friday, April 13, 2012

Pixie Pop-Up Shop Tomorrow!

I am super excited that the ladies of Pleatherette asked me to be one of the designers in the Pixie pop-up shop that's part of Lightbox, a huge all-day (12pm - 12am) event to kick off Lumen8Anacostia. Seriously, you guys, this event is going to be so cool, with art installations, a record fair, vintage goodies, DJs and live music, performance art, and of course, good food. If you're in the DC area you should check it out!

Here are some of the brooches I made for the event.

And here's how I packaged them. I didn't have a lot of notice, so I had to pull the packaging together diy style. What do you think?

Do you guys have any fun plans for the weekend?

13 comments:

  1. I think everything is super cute, the brooches, the packaging, even that tray you're using to display them! Sounds like this will be a fun event, I think your stuff will be a hit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your brooches are so adorable! This pop up shop sounds awesome!
    Also, loving your diy packaging! Exclamation points everywhere!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was immediately drawn to your blog because of it's name and picture. Were you by any chance inspired by the album Hideaway by The Weepies? <3 your stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the packaging! Everything look absolutely fabulous! I hope all goes well with the pop up shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Congratulations on being asked but I'm not surprised because your little pieces are the cutest. The packaging looks great. Very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you pulled the packaging together quickly at all! It looks great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it all looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the kind words, guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging looks great! The brooches are super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These brooches are beautiful! Good luck with the event!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your packaging is as awesome as your tiny cute felted goodies! I wonder how far you would have gone if you had more time! You rock, Mary!

    ReplyDelete