Thursday, April 12, 2012

Scenes from Life

I'm back to cooking more often and trying to eat healthy. That's whole grain pasta with red bell peppers and zucchini on the left and broccoli tofu casserole on the right.

But of course, there were treats for Easter: hot cross buns and Leonidas chocolates, which lasted about 5 minutes.

My mom sent me this movie, which she thought I'd like mainly because it's about a ballet dancer. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much as there's a long tradition of pretty terrible dance movies (i.e., bad acting and montages galore, which I also kind of love fyi). However, this movie surprised me with some good performances and a moving story. It's based on the autobiography of Chinese dancer Li Cunxin, who defected to the U.S. from Communist China in the 1980s. Of course, there is some clichéd storytelling (lots of flashbacks), but the lead actor, real life ballet dancer Chi Cao, is excellent and a beautiful dancer. I wished there was more dancing in it!

It's still chilly here, but nevertheless, I've gathered up all the winter things scattered around my apartment to put away till next year, when hopefully, I'll be unpacking them in a new home!

I've been busy getting ready for a pop up shop that's happening this weekend, which I'll do a separate post on, and I also have photos to show you guys from the Easter swap. Lots of exciting things going on. :)

4 comments:

  1. You look SO CUTE. I don't know if I could pull off those two colors together, but they totally work on you.

    We've been eating healthier lately, too. I baked my first-ever cake (with two layers and everything!) but I used plain yogurt instead of eggs and oil. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit! And your meals look so yummy!
    Good luck with the pop up shop this weekend; can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is so cute! I have tights in a similiar color and they're my favorite. I know what you mean about dance movies and how they can be cheesy although I must say Black Swan was pretty good - if that's even considered a dance movie (??). Good luck with the pop-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is beautiful and looks perfect with those tights :)

    ReplyDelete