Monday, October 1, 2012

A Place for Every Thing

Here's a peek out the back door at the new shed we had put in last week.

It's a pretty standard garden shed. I looked at some modern sheds online that I really liked actually, but they were way out of our budget. And even if they weren't, I'd have a hard time justifying spending that much money on something that essentially just holds the lawnmower and the holiday decorations. We did have a work table put inside for future diy projects, so you might be seeing more of this shed later on.

I think I'll like it better after we plant some flowers around it and do some other landscaping in the backyard. That probably won't happen until next year, though.

I've got a head start with these little wildflowers peeking through the fence. :)

In other news, the plumber came on Saturday and determined there was too much work to do that day, so he left and said he'd be back Wednesday. So we're still dealing with some issues. Also, this morning I put a big dent in the back of the new car. It's our first new car ever, and it only took me a month to mess it up. The good news is, of course, that no one was hurt and the car still runs fine. I'm just bummed because even small auto body repairs can be expensive. I'm definitely gonna have to ramp up my Etsy shop because I seem to be getting poorer by the day.

Also, this week I'll be back to posting about art and pretty things. I need a welcome distraction. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Wow. It sounds like you've been really, really busy. Setting up the house is probably taking a lot of energy. My brother and his wife had a lot of work, too, when they moved into their house last year. My brother is always finding something to do in the yard. At least, for now, you'll have a lot of months to think about what you want to do outside. :) Good luck with the plumber! I hope your week picks up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat looking shed!
    Sorry about the dent in the car - yes, anything car-related is expensive!!
    best wishes,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wildflowers are the best...the show up on their own and require no upkeep :)
    Oh no about the plumbing and the car! Hope both are fixed quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shed is adorable! I hope things with the plumber go well tomorrow. Did the structural engineer make it out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little purple flowers on the cyclone fencing! There is one down the street here in Seattle that is holding on before fall gets into a full swing. I have no idea what they're called but I love them! I live in downtown Seattle so a car is impractical for me, and a backyard is a luxury! I wish I had one so much, perhaps next year, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the shack very much, actually! Would it be safe to decorate the shack with pretty lanterns, or is that too much of a fire hazard?

    Sorry to hear about the car, that kind of stuff can be infuriating...
    Good luck with all the fixes!

    ReplyDelete