Wednesday, October 3, 2012


(Clockwise from top left: Abstract Minimal No 2248 by factoryworks - Dave Stanford; "Drawing 007" by Michael Neil Jacobsen; Masquerade by Manjuzaka - Eden Some; and Botanica Mobile in Red by comometalworks - Chuck Kubba.)

Most of you know how much I love color, but I also love these graphic black and white pieces. I've tried traditional ink wash painting before, and sometimes amazing things can happen when you limit your materials or color palette. So much can be said in a single stroke.

5 comments:

  1. Always a great color combo! And I love the pops of red in the mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this one. Especially the 'Drawing 007.' I've been way into black and white art lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your super thoughtful comment on my post about Ehlers-Danlos!! It helps a lot to understand that there are people who get the strange, contradictory feelings that come with a diagnosis. I'm doing a lot better now that I've had some more time to process everything as well, and I'm still hopeful that I'll find a way to get back into all these things that I love :D

    I also really love this art collection! I'm a little obsessed with black & white lately, so to see it done this well is a feast for the eyes!! :P My favourite is the Abstract Minimal :) Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete