Monday, July 15, 2013

'Roid Week

It's that time again! It's 'roid week on flickr; five days to celebrate all that's great about polaroid photography. I think the best thing about polaroids is that no matter how much you try, you really can't control the outcome (like you can with film and digital photography)...so you just have fun and get to be a bit surprised at what comes out.

I have a few polaroids to upload if I can get my scanner to work later today. There are already lots of great photos in the group this year. Here are a few of my early favorites:

Dandelion Magic the sunday walk 71513b happy 'roid week!
Click on images to go directly to sources.

7 comments:

  1. ooo I love those photos. I do miss the benefits of film camera. I saw some used film cameras at the goodwill and considered buying them. Just so I can see what the pictures would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. A few years ago I was into polaroid transfers. Those were fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of Polaroid film, the flowers may be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first I'm hearing about Roid Week, and I can't wait to pull out my old camera and get started :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't used a lot of Polaroid film. I do kind of miss having real film in my camera, though, because there was a lot of mystery when you got everything developed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flowers and balloons! I used to have a polaroid camera (it broke), I can remember the excitement while waiting how the picture turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the anticipation of a Polaroid photo :)

    ReplyDelete