Monday, April 28, 2014
Mother's Day Card
- card stock, construction paper, or a blank card. I used card stock, which I cut to 5x7". (You can really use any paper you have lying around the house, even printer paper will be just fine.)
- pictures of flowers from magazines or catalogs. This time of year, just about every magazine you pick up at the newsstand or in the grocery store will have some floral pictures inside, and a lot of catalogs do as well. (There's no need to spend money though, lots of beautiful magazines are probably sitting in recycling bins right now; just ask neighbors, friends, or coworkers if they have any they don't want anymore.)
- hole punch. I used a single hole punch that is cranky and older than I am, but a 3-hole punch will work just fine too.
- black paper (or any color paper that will stand out against your card background...you can also punch holes out of your magazine if you don't have any colored paper)
- glue stick. I used Elmer's All Purpose glue stick, but any kind will work.
Why flowers and polka dots? I love mixing patterns in just about everything: clothes, crafts, home decor. Why not? It's fun. :)
If anyone does their own take on this card, please leave me a link in the comments. I'd love to see! xo, Mary