Friday, August 29, 2014

Scenes from Life

Late summer walks in the garden have been bittersweet this year. Everything is gorgeous, and for the first time in my life, I don't want summer to end! Fall has always been my favorite season, but I've never experienced a summer like this before. We've still had plenty of hot and humid days, of course...this is DC after all. But there've been so many days that were really lovely...the kind of weather that puts everyone in a good mood. I really just want it to stay a little longer.

This bee kept trying to get in the window one day, and I just watched him for a while, fascinated. This little bee is actually what inspired me to make this notebook.

My latest library book. I've not gotten very far in it. I took it outside to read on the back patio, but the afternoon sun and breeze kept my mind day dreaming. :)

Happy weekend, everyone! Hope you have a good one. xo, Mary

3 comments:

  1. This summer HAS been exceptional. We've had a lot of days in the upper 70s, which is so unusual. It's been nice, but if I'm being really honest with myself I'm still ready for fall. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flower photo's are stunning, and I would love to know if the book is a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marieken! I'll definitely let you know when I get a chance to read a bit more. :)

      Delete