Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bits of May

I loved the architecture in Staunton, particularly all the little details on the facades of buildings downtown. I find it endlessly inspiring to wander around cute old towns like Staunton, peeking into nooks and crannies, and finding evidence of years gone by.

We tried Sugar Shack Donuts, not too far away from us in Alexandria, and they were easily the best donuts we've had in the DC area. The second photo of the buildings in silhouette was actually taken earlier this year...not sure exactly when. I found it as I was cleaning off my phone and had to share it. (That period of last light is my very favorite time of day.) I passed by these pink flowers in the garden of the Carlyle House; and here's one more pretty facade from Staunton.

I could definitely see myself living in a house like the one in the top left someday, when I have a few million extra dollars (or maybe when I'm living in a less crazy-expensive town). Other things I passed by and liked: a stately facade in Old Town, fancy buildings around Logan Circle, and a cute lemon wreath.

It looks like all I did in May was take pictures of buildings haha. I did take other photos that I haven't uploaded to Instagram yet, so I guess those will be in my June post.

We traveled a lot in May: three separate trips up and down the east coast to see family and friends. Normally, we would never travel that much in one month because it's expensive, exhausting, insane, etc. But there were various events that all happened to be in the same month, and we didn't really have a choice.

I do hope we do more traveling this summer, but for purely fun reasons, just the two of us, with no schedule to keep or itinerary to follow.

In the mean time, I have a lot of catching up to do around here! I hope June proves to be more productive work-wise and I'm able to share more creative projects with you guys. I'm pretty sure I said the same thing last month, lol, but you know travel, excuses, yada-yada. ;)

As always, if you'd like to follow me on Instagram, my username is @my_hideaway.

3 comments:

  1. Schedules are no fun when traveling, but you got some really lovely shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly not going to complain about pictures of buildings! They're dreamy.

    I know what you mean about traveling that feels rushed. It's better when you can take your time and explore. I like to have one "main" thing planned each day, and then just wander around for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at donuts...YUM!
    We had a busy May as well, but luckily didn't have to travel much. I'm hoping June is a more laid back, fun-filled month :)

    ReplyDelete