Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Bonaventure

Bonaventure Cemetery, Savannah, Ga
Bonaventure Cemetery, Savannah, Ga
Bonaventure Cemetery
Bonaventure Cemetery
Bonaventure Cemetery
Bonaventure Cemetery, Savannah, Ga
Bonaventure Cemetery, Savannah, Ga

Some might say that no trip to the Deep South is complete without a visit to a gothic cemetery, and I'm inclined to agree. Bonaventure Cemetery is gorgeous and historic and filled with so many unique headstones and sculptures. There are lush trees everywhere dripping with Spanish moss, as one would expect in Savannah, and it's just a quiet and peaceful place. (The latter might seem obvious considering it's a final resting place and all, but I have definitely been to cemeteries in other cities that weren't particularly quiet or peaceful.) Bonaventure is serenely beautiful and well worth a visit, even if cemeteries aren't really your thing. I'd like to go back and see more of it. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is so fascinating! I'm definitely adding this to my travel wishlist.

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees are so beautiful! This cemetery looks like something out of a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pictures!! I love discovering places like this and taking pictures of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and slightly creepy, but I mean that as a compliment. Spanish moss always feels like it's reaching down to grab you from the trees. My sister and I didn't have time to go here when we were in Savannah, but I want to hit it when I eventually go back.

    ReplyDelete