Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tybee Island


We couldn't leave the Savannah area without a quick stop in Tybee Island. Whenever I'm that close to the ocean, I have to stop by and walk on the beach for at least a little while. We got there early and practically had the whole beach to ourselves. It was beautiful! I could definitely see myself living in a beach town at some point in my life. I don't really swim in the ocean anymore; I'm not crazy about boats, and I've never cared about sunbathing. I just really like being by the water. I also like the fact that beach towns tend to be smaller (except for the summer months when there are lots of vacationers, of course).

Has anyone ever lived by the beach? What's it like? Tell me of your life. :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I lived about 15 minutes from the beach when my ex was in motorcycle school in Florida. It was pretty great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love this, Mary. I grew up in Vancouver, BC and still live nearby. So very close to the beach! The smell of the air is something very unique: fresh and salty. Always a bit of a breeze. The sound of gulls is also ever-present. Walks along the ocean are very calming; the ebb and flow of the tide inherently reminding us of what it is to be human. Things come, and things go, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something about being by the water that's very peaceful! I hope to see the ocean again some day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I love the textures in the sand. They make me want to dig my toes right in. This is really cool to see, too, because I was just there a year ago! (I've been there twice, now.) Walking beneath the pier is fun but, you're right; the best part of it all is just walking up and down the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never lived by the beach, but one of my best friends has a view of Lake Michigan from her apartment (and is walking distance to the water) so we live vicariously through her. Haha.

    Beautiful shots, as usual. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fifth photo (looks like a gorgeous painting) and the lighthouse. I always need to think a bit to come up with the English word for lighthouse :-) because we have a word for it that can be translated to fire-tower.

    ReplyDelete